Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blog Post 1: Quotation Writing

"Anybody can make history. Only a great man can write it." -Oscar Wilde

This is a good quote for people like me who don’t like to write or think what they write is stupid. To me it is saying any person knows how to do amazing things, but it is merely the people who use their tools and resources that become the famous, well-known, or great man. You have to actually put forth the time and effort to do great things.
A statement of purpose is to help writers find a reason to communicate, learn from what you are doing, and find a purpose that is worth the audience’s time and attention. The reason to converse about this quote is to tell readers or the audience that they can do it if they put their mentality and feelings to it. If you were writing things nothing about this quote, you probably would not keep the audience time or attention.
When thinking about what the audience wants you must respect them, listen carefully to what other people have to say about your piece, and take seriously that what you write effects everyone that observes or listens to it. In this sense of writing I would say to the audience what my quote is and then what it means to me. Questions may come up in relation to why I believe it that way, so I need a thorough explanation.
The context of your writing for the most part is the most important. You want to make sure the context of your communication has motivation in it. For example, in my quote it is about trying to develop into a great writer by using your skills and expressing yourself. For my quote the communication will be on my blog on the internet. Many people will observe what I have wrote about the quote and form their own opinions. I will always take critizim seriously whenever I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment